Extra-curricular activities in OSMU are carried out by the Department of Extra-Curricular and Social Activities.
Among the main areas of activities there are:
1. Volunteering and Charity.
OSMU Voluntary Union was found to help and support elderly people, retirees, veterans, orphans and abandoned children. OSMU volunteers develop and implement projects that are intended to promote healthy lifestyle.
- Mass-Cultural Area.
- Within the activity of the mass-cultural area there are major creative events which are held annually, such as “Student Initiation Ceremony”, “Student Spring Festival”, “Mister and Miss of OSMU”.
- There are five creative teams in OSMU:
- Vocal studio “Vox”;
- Dance ensemble “Fantasia”;
- Dance ensemble “Inspiration”;
- OSMU hip-hop team;
- Team of humor “Agar”.
OSMU creative groups place high in regional, national and international competitions.
2. Healthy Lifestyle.
There are 22 specialized sports clubs in OSMU. Facilities include two big gyms, five fitness centers and a sports and fitness complex with a pool “Olympic”. Sports teams take an active part in regional and national sporting events.
Every year OSMU participates in a competition “The Healthy Lifestyle University”.